Tuesday, July 16, 2013

1st Birthday Extravaganza!


Step Right up, it's Estella's First Birthday After All! 

Birthday invites from etsy shop 

I know this is long over due, like 2 months but who's counting! So here it goes.....
I wanted something fun and colorful for Estella's 1st birthday bash and I really wanted her to wear a top hat...so Circus themed it was! I think Estella loved everything about her party and especially Loved being the center of attention! She was such a trooper, she took both her naps that day so she was able to have FUN all day long!
Birthday outfit Gg made!!!

I started planning and preparing for the Big First Birthday Extravaganza what felt like forever ago, anything I could of prepared ahead of time I tried to, but still the day of we were running around with our heads cut off! I think it had a lot to do with the fact we were doing a small kitchen reno and anything that could go wrong with the back splash did!! We may have been up way to late the night before trying to finish it!!! Huge thanks to my mom, I couldn't have done the party without all her hard work and also my sister, dad and brys help setting up the day of....love them!!!

We had two separate parties the first one started at 1:00 that was for family and the friends party was at 5:00. Bry said the second party was also to celebrate making it the first year of parenthood, because we like to think we rocked the first year;) After the kiddies went home and Stell Bell went to sleep, we stayed up drinking with friends and had our first bonfire of the season! Perfect end to a great day!!!

Favorite part of the party!!!

People started coming right as we were finishing putting everything out so I ran out of time to take pictures of everything. I was bummed I didn't get any pictures of our drink station, food table (for the food we did walking tacos and they were a hit..super easy and not a lot of clean up), party favors,  circus play tent, giant #1 balloon in our front yard and hardly anything with the kids! Maybe next year I will have my shit together...


Dessert table and candy bar, we had cotton candy, candy dots, laffy taffy, frosted animal crackers,  circus peanuts, cake pops and cup cakes 

 I made the banners with my new cricut
Smash cake gg made, tables that were set up in the garage had a 1st b-day pic, center piece was popcorn vase with baby's breath and peanuts for every table, popcorn station also in the garage (not the cutest background) and giant letter E for the front door 

Girlfriend was so not into the cupcake, she gaged on the frosting ( so not like her mama) We were saving the smash cake for her second party but never ended up using it


Once she saw the choo choo it was game over for opening the rest of the presents
Props for the photo booth


Photo booth fun , I wish everyone would have remembered to do it! 
Estella and her bf  Gavin 

Only pic I got of some of the lil ladies and Savannah's was already in her pjs ;)

If I ran the Circus book we had everybody write a message for stell and I
Finally finished my pregnancy book... seriously got it in the mail the day of her party
Yes I know HUGE mommy fail!!! This only goes through the birth of Stella and I wanted her whole 1st year done but maybe by her second birthday!!!
This is another pic from her 1st birthday photo shoot and it totally shows her fun personality, so I used it for thank you post cards
Even though some things didn't turn out exactly how I planned, We still had an ABSOLUTE Blast! It was so fun to be with all the people we love, it definitely made for A Very Special 1st Birthday!!!




2 comments:

  1. What a CUTE party!! I love it! That dessert table looks amazing...I'm so impressed!! Of course, the party girl cannot be topped, though :) She's the best part of all!

    Jaqs got that same Minnie choo-choo for her b-day, and she LOVES it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! I'm so impressed! What an awesome party! I love the circus theme and all the bright fun colors. Amazing decorations and so much detail! That photo banner is incredible! Love the flowers in the popcorn cartons! Please posts more of your pregnancy book. Happy birthday E! What a great party!

    ReplyDelete