Friday, October 12, 2012

Halloween

Halloween... it's our favorite holiday and we love to go all out every year! It only seems fitting since we're from the Halloween Capital Of The World! Every year we go to the big parade, Bry runs the 5k and I watch. We stop at the bar have a drink and lunch then off to our house to get ready for our pre party. The last four years we have everyone over to get ready and pre game before we head back downtown for the big tent party. They close down the street, put up a huge tent, have a band, costume contest and lots of beer! It's always a blast, we drink too much, dance/sing like crazy, and have awesome costumes. Three years ago the boys were the band KISS and the girls were the groupies (best homemade costumes ever!) They won the costume contest, it was a trip to Vegas! 

Last year was quite different since I was 12weeks pregnant but thankfully I had a few other prego friends there. This year will also be very different but a good different! A lot of our friends had babies in the past year so we decided to make our party family friendly and not go to the tent party. I love throwing a great party so I've been busy planning away! I want to do a photo booth area for when you first get there, fun decor, lots of finger foods, treats/cake pops and I'm trying to come up with a few game ideas for the older kids!!!  



Here's a look back at our past Halloweens:)

        
First Halloween as a married couple, 4 years ago
KISS Favorite year yet!!! 3 years ago 

Clownin' around one of my favorite costumes 2 years ago
Pretty boring costumes last year and I almost didn't let bry get his
 because I refuse to buy a store bought costume
At least my sister was creative and my mom made her the cutest
Mary Poppins costume! I will definitely borrowing that one:) 


"T" Birds & Pink Ladies back in the college days not even sure how many years ago this was

 I'm still making our costumes for this year, but I'm looking forward to showing everyone after our party! Do you have a favorite costumes or any party ideas???

2 comments:

  1. LOVE all your costumes! You guys do go all out, that is awesome! I have no clue if I will be dressing up, but our baby boy is going to be a sock monkey! What's baby girl going to be? Looking forward to seeing y'all's costumes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your costumes! Halloween is our favorite holiday and I can't wait to dress up our little man this year! Can't wait to see what you guys come up with too!

    ReplyDelete