Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Winesday Wednesday!


This blog thing is tougher than I thought! As the middle of the week already is almost gone, I realize I had to write up Winesday Wednesday before the day passes! Emily works late on Wednesdays so it's me and Stella (and Chloe) hanging out. I think I found a little window of opportunity to write, as Stella seems to have calmed down after eating an enormous amount of formula! She definitely gets her eating habits from her dad.... Now onto the wine of the week- one of my all time favorites, Root 1 Carmenere. The entire Root 1 line is fantastic. They also have a Cabernet, Sauvignon Blanc, and a new Pinot Noir. By far my favorite, is the Carmenere....


What we're drinking tonight: 
Root 1 Carmenere


Region:
Colchagua Valley, Chile 


Blend:
100% Carmenere

Aromas:
Fresh red berries and cherries

Flavors:
Rich flavors of plum, blackberry and spice

Pairs Well With:
Root 1 Carmenere pairs well with pastas, soups, spicy entrees and rilled meats

SRP:
$9.99

I had never heard of Carmenere the first time I had this. Carmenere is a grape that used to be used mainly as a blending grape in France, but disease essentially killed it off and it was forgotten until recently Chile rediscovered the grape and began planting it. It now is basically exclusive to Chile and continues to grow in popularity. It has a big plum flavor on it with a smoky overtone which is different from a lot of red wine I have tasted. Any red wine fan has to give this a try. I found it goes best with anything on the grill, and gets better with each glass. Emily on the other hand isn't a big fan.... but we are still working on getting her to like dry red wines. For the price, Root 1 overdelivers. You should be able to find it most places for around $10. If you give this a try, don't hesitate to try the other wines in the line as well!



Baby Daddy Bry's Wine Rating- Root 1 Carmenere:     5/5


Fun Wine Fact of the Week:
The U.S. is the 4th largest producer of wine in the world, and growing- behind France, Italy and Spain

Next Week.....
Skinny Girl time!

No comments:

Post a Comment